Today is Tuesday, 1/30. Here are seven things you need to know to start your day.
1. The father of a seven-year-old boy who died in a fire Monday may have started the fire. A source tells 7 Eyewitness News the father used a blowtorch to light a cigarette. Investigators think he then put the blowtorch down, starting the fire.
2. President Trump will deliver his first State of the Union address tonight. President Trump is expected to focus on immigration and the economy. Some democrats plan to boycott.
3. Buffalo teachers have filed a grievance against the district over bed bugs. The grievance comes after teachers say two bed bugs have been spotted at School 37. Exterminators have been to the school. The teachers are asking for more transparency from the district.
4. Take your time on the roads today. Some parts of WNY saw several inches of snow overnight , and plows are still working to clear it all. Major roadways in and out of Buffalo remain slick Tuesday morning.
5. A popular Amherst restaurant has been destroyed by a grease fire. The fire started around 5:30 Monday evening at May Jen's on Kenmore Avenue. It ripped through the exhaust ducts and caused about $325,000 in damage.
6. Questions remain about the status of Eric Wood. The Bills center was expected to announce his retirement yesterday due to a neck injury, but Wood never used the word "retire." He also said he was still on the Bills roster. Sports director Joe B. looks into why.
7. The New York State legislature is considering a helmet law for skiers. The law recently passed in the state senate, it would require all skiers under 14 years old to wear a helmet. The assembly still has to vote on it.