Lake Effect Snow Warning for Southern Erie, Chautauqua and Cattaraugus County from Saturday at 4 p.m. through Monday at 10 a.m.
Lake Effect Snow Advisory for Wyoming, Genesee and Allegany County from Saturday at 7 p.m. through Monday at 10 a.m.
- A band of lake effect rain/snow stretching from Wyoming County to Chautauqua County will continue changing to all snow this evening and overnight.
- The band will move to Chautauqua County Saturday evening and stay there through Monday. Some spots atop the ridge into Southern Chautauqua County could see snow totals up to a foot or more of snow when all is set and done.
- Outside of the band of Lake Effect Snow in the Southern Tier, expect scattered light rain/ snow showers to be in the area on Sunday. If you live along the shores of Lake Erie and Ontario, expect it to come down in the form of rain. Everybody else expect wet flakes with minor accumulation.
- Everybody will be at or below freezing (32F) by Sunday evening, except for areas near the shores. But it will feel much colder when you factor in the wind.
- Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties will see the most snow. If you were hoping for a foot of snow in the Northtowns, Metro or Southtowns...sorry. Doesn't look like that's the case. A dusting for the Metro area, with higher amounts in some localized bands of snow up towards Niagara and Orleans County.
Keep it locked right here, as the 7 First Alert Weather Team will continue to keep you updated throughout the week.
|Live video, the latest news and no surveys - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|