ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WKBW) — Ahead of their season opener against the New York Jets, the Buffalo Bills and their players released a video discussing social and racial injustice, and displayed slogans they'll use as decals on helmets this season.
Ahmaud Arbery.— Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) September 12, 2020
Black Lives Matter.
It takes all of us.
These names and phrases will be on our players’ helmets this season. This is why it matters. pic.twitter.com/9POO35uS8i
Here are the slogans that Bills players will display on their helmets this season
- Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds: "Black Lives Matter"
- Quarterback Josh Allen: "It Takes All Of Us"
- Running Back Devin Singletary: "Stop Hate"
- Cornerback Levi Wallace: "Ahmaud Arbery"
- Defensive End Jerry Hughes: "Black Lives Matter"
- Wide Receiver John Brown: "Black Lives Matter"
- Cornerback Siran Neal: "Black Lives Matter"
- Tight End Dawson Knox: "Stop Hate"
- Center Mitch Morse: "Stop Hate"
- Offensive Tackle Dion Dawkins: "Elijah McClain"
- Defensive Tackle Harrison Phillips: "It Takes All Of Us"
- Strong Safety Micah Hyde: "It Takes All Of Us"
- Defensive End Mario Addison: "It Takes All Of Us"
Buffalo Bills players and staff are donating money to close $1 million Buffalo Public Schools digital divide and push for social justice reform.