Dog saves owner from burning home

Posted at 7:43 AM, Mar 21, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-21 08:44:24-04

A German Shepherd is being called a hero, after it saved its owner from a burning home in Hamburg.


A fire broke out at the house on Chapel Glen Drive around 5:30 Monday morning.


Six-month-old Sophia the German Shepherd was a gift for her owner.


No one was injured in the fire, and crews are still searching for a cause.

Heftka said his mom is still in shock but already says she'll rebuild right in Hamburg.