The lake is wide open. And with cold air flowing over both Lake Erie and Ontario, the lake effect guns will be firing up once again.
Lake Effect Snow Warnings for Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Counties until 4pm Thursday.
Lake Effect Snow Advisories for S. Erie and Wyoming Counties until 4pm Thursday.
Lake Effect Snow Advisories for Niagara and Orleans Counties until 7pm Thursday.
Here's what to expect over the next 48 hours:
- Eastern Niagara and Orleans County will get in on the action later on this afternoon. Areas in Orleans County will see snowfall totals between 3-6".
- Traveling through these bands of snow could be difficult at times. No, this isn't a blinding snow storm that will cripple the area. Very manageable and welcomed event for ski country.
- Lake Effect Snow winds on down across the Southern Tier and Northtowns. Areas along the Chautauqua Ridge, from Stockton, Sinclairville will see snowfall totals between 4-8" through Thursday morning, with a majority of the snow falling during the overnight hours. Much less as you head inland.
- Boston hills between Concord, Springville will see between 3-6" of snowfall. Much less as you head north on the 219.
- If you were hoping for snow in Orchard Park, Hamburg areas...you're not going to get as much as your friends down south. Same as you head along the shores of Lake Erie.
- Temperatures colder on Thursday, with daytime temps in the mid 20s.
- As for Buffalo suburbs, expect some flakes with mostly cloudy skies.
It'll be a quiet end to the work week, with temperatures in the low 30s.
Spring is in the air for the weekend. Temperatures hover close to 50F on Saturday and through the weekend and into next week. However, will be cooler for areas near the shores of Lake Erie because of the lake's temperature.