ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Buffalo Bills sent season ticket holders a letter Thursday with updated information based on current New York State COVID-19 guidelines.
The team says it is aware of the current guidelines, which state professional sports in NY cannot have fans, but it is still in the process of planning for the possibility of a limited amount of fans being able to attend games for the 2020 season.
"We understand that guidelines have continued to evolve in our state and we will maintain communication with the NFL and state and local government agencies to establish policies and procedures to create and maintain the safest possible environment should spectators be permitted," the team said.
Based on the current guidelines the team says it is taking the following steps:
- Deferring all season ticket memberships for the 2020 season. All Season Ticket Members will maintain their season ticket location and account seniority for the 2021 season.
- Season Ticket Members will have the option to apply any money paid towards their 2020 season tickets as an account credit or be refunded.
- Season Ticket Members that apply money as an account credit will have exclusive access to 2020 single game ticket sales for available seats if spectators are permitted. We will have multiple single game ticket sales throughout the season as capacity is determined. In any limited spectator scenario, seating capacity in the stadium will be reduced, seat locations may change each game, and all members may not be able to purchase tickets for every game they want to attend. Additional ticket purchase limits and other restrictions will apply and be communicated before any ticket sales.
- Members that apply money as an account credit will also have access to the NFL Membership Club benefits that include a complimentary subscription to NFL Game Pass, access to mobile NFL RedZone, NFL Shop discounts and other league partner discounts (some restrictions apply).
- Any tickets that have been forwarded to date will be invalidated. Any tickets that have been resold to date through NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster, StubHub or SeatGeek will be cancelled and the purchaser will be refunded.
The Bills say you need to sign into your account and select your 2020 option by August 14, 2020. You can find more information on the Bills website here.