BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — As the government continues in to another day of the government shutdown, more agencies and businesses are announcing ways they plan on helping furloughed workers and their families.
Find lists of agencies helping both in Western New York and across the country below.
Western New York help:
- Food Bank of Western New York : The agency is offering special food distributions for furloughed workers and their families.
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Buffalo : The company is offering to drop their normal $25 consultation fee to help furloughed workers.
- Airbnb : "A Night on Us" is a program offering any federal employee who hosts either an experience or three nights in their home between December 18, 2018-March 18, 2019 an extra $110.
- United Way : The agency is offering help by calling 211 to find agencies providing assistance near you.
- Misuta Chows: The Japanese street food restaurant is offering a free meal to government employees Monday-Friday 11am-1pm and 3pm-6pm on Saturdays and Sundays. A person just has to bring their government I.D.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino : The resort is offering free buffets to all TSA workers, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers any Monday-Friday in January starting January 18th.
- Banks: B ank of America , Chase , Discover , U.S. Bank , Wells Fargo, Citizens Bank
- Credit Unions: U.S. Employees Credit Union and FedChoice
- Cellphone providers: AT&T , Sprint , T-Mobile and Verizon
Things to do:
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery : Offering free admission with a government I.D.
- Buffalo Museum of Science : Offering free admission with a government I.D.
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra : Free tickets will be offered to federal workers, veterans and military families for their first concert on January 17.
- Sky Zone : Families can enjoy 60-minutes free Tuesday-Thursday in January.