BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Food Bank of WNY is setting up a series of special food distributions for federal employees and their families that have been impacted by the partial government shut down.
The Food Bank will provide shelf-stable staples like vegetables, fruits, grains and dairy products.
There will be 5 distribution locations, 2 in Erie County and 1 in Niagara , Cattaraugus and Chautauqua counties.
- The Salvation Army Jamestown, 83 S. Main Street, Jamestown 14701 - Wednesday, January 23rd from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Salvation Army Lockport, 50 Cottage Street, Lockport 14094- Thursday, January 24th from 10 a.m. to noon
- Salvation Army Tonawanda, 46 Broad Street, Tonawanda 14150- Thursday, January 24th from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Eden-North Collins Food Pnatrry, 2059 Franklin Street, North Collins 14111- Friday, January 25th from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Olean Food Pantry, 8 Leo Moss Drive, Olean 14760- Tuesday, JAnuary 29th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Families are encouraged to check the Food Bank's website or call (716) 852-1305 for updated locations and dates.
Participants will be asked to sign in at the distributions in order to declare self-need.