BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Every Friday morning, 7 Eyewitness News is highlighting bargains and freebies.
This article updates for the week every Friday at 5 a.m.
Experts say learning through play is very beneficial to your child's early development. The Buffalo and Erie County Public Library is offering sensory stations at its Central Library location in downtown Buffalo March 7 from 10 to 11:30 A.M. It allows children to explore color, sound, texture and more! It is for children of all ages with their caregivers, but designed for children ages 3-5.
The annual Saint Patrick's Day celebration at Larkin Square is right around the corner. The free event features live music, Irish dancing and performances by the Greater Buffalo Firefighters Pipe and Drums. Free parking is located in the Larkin Square parking ramp behind the square. The event kicks off at 5 P.M. on March 13.
IRS-certified accounting students from the University at Buffalo School of Management will be providing free tax preparation services to individuals and families with annual incomes below $56,000. Free tax preparation will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis as follows:
- South Campus, 403 Hayes Hall, on Feb. 22, 23, 29 and March 7, and 8.
- North Campus, 110 Jacobs Management Center, on March 29, April 4, 5, 11 and 12.
- Latest recommended arrival time is 3 p.m.
Participants must bring the following:
- Proof of identification (state-issued photo ID for each adult, such as valid driver’s license or state-issued ID card);
- Original Social Security card for each filer and dependent (not a photocopy);
- If married filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Date of birth for self, spouse and dependents;
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2 and 1099) from all employers;
- Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099);
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Act Statements);
- Total paid for day care provider and provider’s tax ID number or Social Security number;
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available; and
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
The Westminster Economic Development Initiative is offering business owners a free workshop for tax preparation. Tax professionals will be on-hand to go over the basics of business taxes, talk about sales tax rules and provide tools and resources to help businesses file. The workshop is Monday, March 16 at the WEDI offices (436 Grant Street) from 5:30pm - 7pm. For more info and to register,click here.
If you have a "Freebie Friday" idea that you would like to share, submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.