BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Every Friday morning, 7 Eyewitness News is highlighting bargains and freebies.
This article updates for the week every Friday at 5 a.m.
It's always free to ice skate at the Rotary Rink at Fountain Plaza in downtown Buffalo. Skate rentals are $2 for kids, and $3 for adults.
Regular Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Friday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 5 to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The rink is open:
Applebeee's is offering a free appetizer. All you have to do is sign up for its "E-club."
The Young Ladies of Grace Performing Arts Academy is holding a free dance class for babies and toddlers ages 6 months - 2 years. Classes are every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 11-11:30 for different styles of educational dancing and sing along songs! This is a fantastic way to introduce your little ones the world of dance, rhythm, and music. Registration is required. Email: email@example.com or call 716-908-8342 for more information.
IRS-certified accounting students from the University at Buffalo School of Management will be providing free tax preparation services to individuals and families with annual incomes below $56,000. Free tax preparation will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis as follows:
- South Campus, 403 Hayes Hall, on Feb. 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 and March 1, 7, and 8.
- North Campus, 110 Jacobs Management Center, on March 29, April 4, 5, 11 and 12.
- Latest recommended arrival time is 3 p.m.
Participants must bring the following:
- Proof of identification (state-issued photo ID for each adult, such as valid driver’s license or state-issued ID card);
- Original Social Security card for each filer and dependent (not a photocopy);
- If married filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Date of birth for self, spouse and dependents;
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2 and 1099) from all employers;
- Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099);
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Act Statements);
- Total paid for day care provider and provider’s tax ID number or Social Security number;
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available; and
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
If you have a "Freebie Friday" idea that you would like to share, submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.