SOUTH BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Nine South Buffalo residents are homeless this Christmas after a devastating house fire and they're asking for your help.
"It's devastating. It hurts real bad," said Detrice Myles, whose home collapsed on Monday. All residents made it out safely, but three pets were killed.
"We tried the best we could to salvage whatever we could. Obviously we lost pretty much everything that we had," said Daniel Castner, who was sleeping when he woke up to see smoke.
Castner, his three brothers and mother are staying with family in West Seneca for the holidays.
"After that we don't know what we're gonna do, because we'll only be staying here until holidays are over," said Castner.
And Myles has been spending time with her mother at the Buffalo Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing.
"The Red Cross gave me some money for hotels, but it won't be enough to stay in a hotel, find an apartment and buy clothes for me and [my son]," said Myles.
Myles lost all of the Christmas gifts for her son.
"I don't have nothing to give him. I spent a lot of money for Christmas presents," said Myles.
The Castners did lose their hamster, Melly. Myles lost her two cats, Casper and Olivia.