SANBORN, N.Y. (WKBW) — The owners of the Sunflowers of Sanborn went in front of the Town of Cambria planning board Monday and got approval for their special events.
The popular Niagara County destination that was shut down last year following a cease-and-desist order which stated the sunflower spot was violating a zoning ordinance by "operating a business prohibited in an R-1 Zone," which is a residential area.
This year, the Town of Cambria changed their zoning ordinance so that all businesses in the zones are able to apply for the special event permits.
Below is a list of plans submitted and were approved:
- A u-pick sunflower farm
- Educational farming activities
- A general store
- Farmers market
- Sunflower wood carving education classes
- A "Crafters in the Field" event
- Fitness classes
- Sunflower art/craft classes
- An annual charity lemonade sale
- 4H goats and pony shows
- Food truck event
- Corn stalks, pumpkins and gourds for sale in the fall
- A trunk or treat event
- Attempt to address parking and traffic concerns
- A new driveway