DEPEW, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Erie County District Attorney's Office says a former state trooper from Depew has been indicted on multiple sexual assault and criminal impersonation charges.
The DA's Office says 46-year-old Jason L. Lanning has been indicted on the following charges
- Two counts of Predatory Sexual Assault, Class “A-ii” felonies
- Two counts of Rape in the First Degree, Class “B” violent felonies
- One count of Criminal Sexual Act in the First Degree, a Class “B” violent felony
- One count of Rape in the Third Degree, a Class “E” felony
- Two counts of Criminal Impersonation in the Second Degree, Class “A” misdemeanors
According the the DA's Office, Lanning entered a residence in Elma on September 10th, 2019 and asked to speak to a female resident, where he falsely identified himself as an off-duty state trooper.
DA John Flynn says between June 6, 2019 and September 19, 2019, Lanning knowingly and falsely represented himself as a state trooper to gain the trust and personal information from a second victim with whom he was engaged in a personal relationship.
Two other victims have come forward saying Lanning forcibly engaged in sexual intercourse with them, one in summer 2016, and one in winter 2012.
Lanning allegedly met both of these victims on dating sites.
Lanning is scheduled to return on Thursday, September 24th before State Supreme Court Justice Deborah A. Haendiges who will preside over the case.
Lanning was remanded without bail as well.
If you have any additional information contact the Erie County District Attorney’s Office at (716) 858-2424 or the New York State Police at (585) 344-6000.