On Tuesday, July 7, 7ABC is inviting communities in WNY to participating in a Day of Giving to help FeedMore WNY. Whether dropping food off at the FeedMore WNY food drives, or donating directly to FeedMore WNY, there are numerous ways to help.
The organization, which formed when Meals On Wheels and the Food Bank of WNY combined forces, helps individuals and families dealing with food insecurity.
- FeedMore WNY has seen a 57% increase in home-delivered meals over its baseline average since COVID-19 hit WNY.
- In one week in June, the organization distributed more than 30,000 home-delivered meals.
- Volunteers deliver meals to people who are homebound on more than 330 routes in Erie and Niagara counties.
- FeedMore WNY has added 73 new meal delivery routes since COVID-19 hit WNY.
- 72 mobile distribution sites were available in June for people to pick up nutritious food.
- Since COVID-19 hit WNY, FeedMore WNY has distributed about 4.5 million pounds through its warehouse. One million pounds of food has been distributed from its mobile distribution sites.
- More than 2,500 people have reached out to FeedMore WNY to help as "emergency volunteers" during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Through the #BuffaloStrong shirt campaign, thousands of people have raised tens of thousands of dollars by purchasing a t-shirt, hoodie or tank top.
- More than 300 people participated in the #BuffaloStrong Virtual 7K Challenge to raise money for FeedMore WNY.
- On the Day of Giving, WKBW is challenging WNY to match a $12,000 donation.
Go to wkbw.com/buffalostrong to donate and share this link with your friends and family to help spread the word. Join the conversation on social media using #BuffaloStrong and #Give7.