BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — On Saturday, the Buffalo Bills released a statement on behalf of defensive tackle Ed Oliver, whose son passed away earlier this summer.
The statement from Bills general manager Brandon Beane says: "On behalf of the entire Buffalo Bills organization, we want to publicly express our condolences to Ed Oliver and his family on the devastating loss of his son. It's an unthinkable tragedy for any parent. We will continue to support Ed and his family as we all grieve this loss."
Oliver has been absent from the team this week due to an injury.
ESPN reporter Cameron Wolfe said on Saturday morning that Oliver and his family are looking for "privacy and prayers at this very difficult time."
Ed Oliver joined the Bills in 2019 and has played his entire career in Buffalo.
In 2025, Oliver played just 3 games and missed most of the season due to injuries.