BUFFALO (WKBW) — Toronto Blue Jays fans can't attend games in Buffalo, but they can have a seat.
The Blue Jays have announced the "Blue Jays Fan Cutout Crew" which allows fans to purchase a cutout of themselves to sit in the stands at Sahlen Field in Buffalo.
According to the team website cutouts are $60 CAD for the 2020 regular season with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Jays Care Foundation. The Blue Jays say there are a limited number of "seats" available. More information can be found here.
According to the Blue Jays website all photos will be reviewed by the Toronto Blue Jays front office. The Club will be unable to create cutouts that including the following:
- Commercial advertisements, including slogans, websites, and phone numbers.
- Social media handles and hashtags.
- Offensive or negative references to any MLB team.
- Names of any MLB players.
- Statements or endorsements of political candidates.
- Third party logos/branding.
The 2D cutouts will be sitting in sections behind home plate but requests for specific seats can not be guaranteed. Your cutout will be mailed to you following the season according to the Blue Jays.
Fans are not allowed to attend Major League Baseball games due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The first "home" game for the Blue Jays in Buffalo is currently scheduled for Tuesday, August 11th, 2020.