BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Western New York is bracing for another winter storm expected to hit by mid-week .
Check out the seven things you should do ahead of the storm, according to experts.
1.Winterize your car
- Ensure tires are properly inflated
- Always have a full tank of gas
- Pack kitty litter/salt in your trunk
- Make a "go" bag full of essentials including warm clothes, non-perishable foods, flashlights, etc.
2. Prep your house
- Leave cabinet doors open to allow warm air to circulate around pipes
- Let water drip from your faucets
- Set your thermostat to the same temperature both day and night
3. Make sure your cell phone is charged
- Fully charge electronics the night before a storm
4. Create a list of friends, family and neighbors to contact throughout the storm
5. Bring your pets inside
6. Create/update an emergency kit
- Pack a kit that you can take with you
- Include things like water, food, hand-crank radio, medicine, emergency blanket
7. Know important health signs
- Don't stay outside longer than necessary