43North is partnering with Facebook, along with M&T Bank, Quickbooks, Amazon Web Services, WordPress and WooCommerce.
Through Ignite Buffalo the companies will award 27 small businesses with grants between $25,000 and $100,000 and provide the small businesses with mentorship to help them navigate to success.
This grant would be for small businesses across the eight counties of Western New York. The 27 grants totaling $1,000,000.
On July 9th-11th, Facebook will host the Facebook Community Boost in Buffalo. It’s a three day free program to help US small businesses grow and to equip more people with the digital skills they need to compete in the new economy.
Western New York small business interested in applying for the Ignite Buffalo grants can do so beginning today. The following eligibility criteria must be applicable in order to apply for the grant.
1. Mist be existing business in the greater Buffalo/Niagara region (CEO or founder must be in the region, more than 1/2 of employees in the region.
2. Need to be in business for at least 12 months.
3. Must have some business traction:existing customers or revenue; willing to provide references.
4. Mailing address within 8 regional zip codes of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming.
5. Leader or appointed representative(s) of the company needs to be in the Buffalo area on July 9th - 11th, 2018 to participate in the Facebook Community Boost.
You can apply at www.ignitebuffalo.org
Deadline is June 13, 2018 at noon.