Price-of-Water-658x90.jpg

Actions

Grand Island family treated for CO exposure

Posted at 6:58 PM, Nov 16, 2014
and last updated 2015-11-11 18:58:55-05

A Grand Island family was treated for carbon monoxide exposure at Women and Children's Hospital after a mother found her son unconscious in his bedroom at their home on Countryside Lane.

Mackenzie Hassan, 31, called 911 after finding the 6-year-old unresponsive around 9:15 a.m. Emergency crews took her, the boy and an 11-day-old infant to the hospital.

The cause of the CO buildup has not been determined.

The Grand Island Fire Company says the home had a carbon monoxide detector but that it wasn't working at the time.

Crews are encouraging all Western New Yorkers to check and test their CO detectors to make sure they're working properly.