The stately building at 102 Seymour Street In Buffalo may look like a mansion but no millionaires live here-in fact the occupants have taken a vow of poverty. Brother Timothy, Father Francis and Father Jud are the last remaining occupants of St. Patrick Friary and they are getting ready to move.
Father Jud explains the reason for the move "This beautiful Friary was built in 1892 to house about twenty Friars and there are three of us in the community now." The building is large- three floors plus an attic and a basement, over ten-thousand square feet. It's time for the Friars to downsize.
They are getting ready for a huge moving sale. There is room after room of furniture, antiques, religious items and everything has to go. Some items date back over a hundred years.
Some of the objects have already found new homes. A few things will be going with the Friars to their new home at SS Columba-Brigid Church including two of the circa 1892 stained glass chapel windows.
The moving sale is Saturday August 19th 9am-4pm and Sunday August 20th 9am-2pm at 102 Seymour Street, Buffalo.