wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Food left on the stove leads to deadly fire

Posted at 8:12 AM, Apr 03, 2017
and last updated 2017-04-03 08:12:06-04

One man is dead after firefighters say food left unattended on the stove sparked an accidental fire.

The deadly fire happened early Sunday morning on Myrtle Street in Jamestown.  Firefighters responding to the report of smoke say they found a 39-year-old man inside the apartment.  The man was unresponsive when firefighters got there.  They tried to resuscitate him, but he was later pronounced dead at Women and Children's Hospital.

Firefighters say a dog also died in the fire.