wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Fire that began in bedroom forces 5 tenants out

Posted at 5:16 AM, Jan 25, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-25 08:07:54-05

Firefighters in Snyder were called to an apartment fire early Monday morning that began in a bedroom.

The fire started just before 4:30 Monday morning inside Apartment 7 on Hedge Court.

Five apartments were occupied when the fire started. Everyone made it out safely, though one person was taking to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

The side of the brick building was charred. It appears the flames moved its way up from the first floor to the second.

Firefighters were seen inside the apartment that was destroyed. The flames caused $225,000 in damage.

Crews are now trying to figure out how the fire started and why, though they say the probable cause is electrical.

 

 
 

 

Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:

Android App

iPhone/iPad App

Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail:

E-News, Forecast and Bills Beat Newsletters