SALAMANCA, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Seneca Nation is planning a phased reopening of its gaming operations starting next month.
According to a news release issued on Friday, the nation will launch a phased, multi-week reopening process in early June. Details on specific opening dates and safety protocols are set to be announced in the coming days, following final approval by the Seneca Nation.
The Nation's reopening directive applies to the following sites:
- Class II Seneca Gaming & Entertainment sites in Irving, Salamanca & Cuba
- Class III Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
- Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Properties operated by Seneca Gaming Corporation
The Seneca Nation ordered the temporary suspension of all gaming operations on March 16 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Seneca Nation leaders, the following health and safety protocols will be implemented to protect visitors and workers:
- Temperature screenings for all workers and guests upon arrival
- Personal protective equipment standards for all workers
- Required use of masks by workers and patrons
- Controlled social distancing
“Reopening the properties in phases will allow us to keep a close eye on how each individual facility responds and to make any necessary adjustments as we ramp up to full operations,” said President Rickey Armstrong Sr. “We’re eager to open our doors, but safety will remain our guiding principle through these all-important first steps.”