BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — As temperatures drop and snow continues to fall on Western New York, one of Buffalo's most popular attractions is getting ready for its winter season.
Starting on Wednesday, November 20th, Canalside will begin its winter festivities and there are plenty of thing you're going to want to know before you make your way there.
What is it? A series of family-friendly activities including:
- Ice Bumper Cars
- Ice Bikes
- Snack Shack
- Sled Hockey
- Learn-to-skate Classes
- Igloos, and more!
When is it?
- Starting on Friday, Nov. 22nd, through the spring
- Daily from 1-10 p.m.
How much does it cost?
- $4 during normal hours
- $5 during holiday season
What's new this year?
- Igloos at the Ice, learn more here!
- Expanded light display
FIRST LOOK inside the igloos!— Rebecca Thornburg (@RebeccaWKBW) November 20, 2019
-$149 for 8 people for 90 minutes, Hot Chocolate, skate rental and admission INCLUDED
-start renting today at 3pm
-rent online @WKBW @BufWaterfront pic.twitter.com/FIbnyHqKlb
What to expect for the season opener? Here's a complete schedule of events for Friday's season opener:
- 5-10 p.m.: DJ performance
- 5-7 p.m.: Happy Hour at Low Bridge Cafe!
- 5-9 p.m.: Santa Claus
- 6-9 p.m.: “Snow Sisters” from Dream Is a Wish Entertainment
- 7:15 p.m.: Fireworks!
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York giveaways!
- Free hot chocolate vouchers for the first 500 customers
- Free hot dog voucher for the first 100 customers
- On ice performances
- 5-6:30 p.m.: Explore & More - The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children's Museum FREE open house