The State University Police force is looking to grow its ranks. New York State has tentatively scheduled the next University Police civil service exam for February 1, 2020.
According to SUNY's recruitment site. "A University Police officer is responsible for the detection and prevention of crime, and the enforcement of state and local laws, rule and regulations in a diverse educational environment throughout twenty-eight State University of New York campuses.
Officers are part of the educational process and teach on such topics as crime prevention, drug awareness, sexual assault and traffic safety. They develop and maintain a positive relationship with students, faculty and staff in order to ensure the safety and cooperation of the entire campus community."
The average annual salary for a Campus Police Office in New York is, $57,090.
Important dates to monitor:
- November 15, 2019: Civil Service to issue formal announcement for the next University Police Officer Exam
- December 18, 2019: Exam registration deadline
- February 1, 2020: Exam tentatively scheduled.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 60 college credits
- Candidates must pass a standardized physical test involving; push-ups, sit-ups and a 1.5 mile run
- Candidates must clear psychological and medical screening
- Candidates must pass background tests, including finger-printing.
To learn even more about this job opportunity,