The New York state court system is looking to fill several court officer positions statewide.
The state says its in urgent need of filling positions in Upstate districts, and will provide exams to fill those positions.
Exams will take place between April 15th and June 10th, and applications need to be filled out by February 26th.
The starting salary for court officer trainees is between $51,113 and $55,413.
Here are the benefits you would receive
- A regular work schedule
- 20 paid vacation days the first year (increasing to 27 paid vacation days after seven years)
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Excellent health insurance and retirement benefits
Here's what you would need in order to qualify for the position
- Take the NYS Court Officer-Trainee Exam (JG-16)
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- At time of appointment to the Court Officers Academy, candidate must be at least 20½ years of age, a New York State resident, a US citizen and have a valid NYS driver’s license. (Court Officer-Trainees undergo four months of basic training, including physical, tactical and legal instruction, safety and weapons training.)
More information about the position can be found here.
More career opportunities can be found here.