BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — "I'm surprised by the number of new grads that come out from fabulous colleges and Universities that don't have jobs lined up," Cathy Lanzalaco, Owner of Inspire Careers said.
She has noticed many young adults who graduated last June don't really have the tools they need to succeed at finding and landing a job right out of school. She has created her own workshop for grads to have one-on-one coaching to help get the process started.
"You're setting your footing for your career for the rest of your life," Lanzalaco says. "So imagine you come out and you get a better job... imagine what the trajectory of your earning may be."
Some of the tips Lanzalaco says to do right now:
- Take a step back, what job do you want, what industry do you want to work in
- Get a resume ready and targeted for the specific job you are going for
- Understand how to talk about your resume to employers
- Get the most out of your limited experience
- Interview preparation
- Learn how to use LinkedIn and networking on the platform
Lanzalaco says companies are looking for recent grads to take advantage of their enthusiasm and tech experience.