BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — High pressure will settle across Ontario this weekend which means sunshine and a cool, seasonable air mass in place for western New York. The normal high temperature this time of year is 41 degrees and that's where we will be this weekend! Expect a partly sunny and cool St. Patrick's Day parade.
Looking through the records back to 1871, I found the warmest March 17 temperature was 73 degrees back in 2012. The coldest temperature was -4 way back in 1885. Don't expect any snow this year. The highest snow total was 19.0" back on March 17, 1936!
Since 1944 we've had just one day in the 70s on March 17.
- 4 days had high temperatures in the 60s.
- 10 days had high temperatures in the 50s.
- 18 days had high temperatures in the 40s.
- 32 days had high temperatures in the 30s.
- 11 days had high temperatures at or below the 20s.
Over the last three years, temperatures have been cool. Last yea,r the high was 32, in 2018 the high was 35, and in 2017 the high was 40 degrees.