Hold onto your hats and have the jackets handy. Winter is about to remind us what season it is as we head into the second half of the week.
- Expect on and off rain showers throughout the day. A moderate to heavy line of showers moves into WNY after the drive home from work today. Wouldn't rule out a few rumbles of thunder Tuesday.
- Will certainly feel like spring out there today, with temperatures in the mid to upper 50s.
- Expect a gusty breeze, borderline windy out there today.
- Cool walk out the door Wednesday. Temperatures start out in the 30s and reach the mid 40s for lunch.
- Winds will begin to pick on up late during the morning hours. By the afternoon, winds will be gusting out of the southwest over 50 mph, especially along the Lake Erie shorelines. Some areas could see wind gusts close to 60 mph!
- Winds will be strong enough to break off tree branches and power lines. Isolated power outages not out of the question.
- You can leave the umbrellas at home, unless you want to do some wind surfing. Expect a few light scattered showers during the day, with partly sunny skies.
- Wave heights could top out between 8-10 FT. Minor flooding along the shores of Lake Erie not ruled out as a possibility.
- Temperatures dip to the 30s after dinner. Winds continue to howl throughout the evening, however not as strong during the afternoon.
- Winter's back! Gusty breeze out there remains throughout the day. Temperatures make it into the mid thirties.
- We could see a few flurries out there across the area. Nothing that makes you get the shovel out.
If Thursday sounds cold, wait till the weekend!