Don't like the season? Wait three days for the next one.
Nature can't seem to make up it's mind as of late. A summer-like start to the day this past Saturday swiftly changed to cold and snow flying across Western New York by dusk.
And guess what? Another day like Saturday is on the way for this Wednesday. However, unlike Saturday, it will take a little longer for the thermometer to dip.
Here's what you can expect.
- No need for the sunglasses. It'll be a cloudy one out there Tuesday. The only bright spot in the forecast is that temperatures will be well above average, with daytime highs in the mid to upper 50s across the area.
- Winds will be light out of the south and southeast at around 10 mph. They'll increase throughout the afternoon and evening as our next cold front approaches.
- Can't rule out a passing shower out there today. But the day will remain relatively dry. Some models do bring in a shot of showers and thunderstorms for Niagara and Orleans County in the evening. Most showers and t-storms arrive overnight into Wednesday morning.
- You'll be walking out the door to showers and thunderstorms Wednesday morning. Few of those thunderstorms could pack a punch, especially if you live near the Pennsylvania/ New York border. Main threat are gusty winds, heavy downpours and lightning. Expect the showers and thunderstorms to stick around through the afternoon.
- Speaking of winds, winds will be sustained at around southwest at 20-25mph. Certainly enough to push the car around. Winds will increase during the day. Expect wind gusts up to 50 mph for areas along the shores of Lake Erie.
- Warm walk out the door Wednesday. Temperatures start out around 60F and warm up into the low 60s for the afternoon. Temps drop late afternoon from the 60s to the 50s. 50s eventually turn to 30s by late evening.
- Rain drops make the switch to flakes around the evening. Most of the activity will be south of Buffalo, especially in ski country. You folks will be looking at minor accumulation through Thursday morning.
- The cold is back! Morning temperatures start out in the low to mid 20s. Daytime highs make it to 32F. Stiff breeze out of the northwest makes it feel colder out there.
- Mix of sun and clouds on tap for Thursday. Lake Effect Snow showers on tap for Ski Country.
- Another cold one on tap. Stiff breeze out of the northwest will make it feel colder than what it actually is. Everybody sees some flakes. Daytime highs make it to around 30F.
Spring makes a comeback Sunday and Monday.