They're known as the "dynamic duo".
"Them together, they've been unstoppable for us," said Maryvale girls soccer coach Tracy Poole.
Lexi Aquilino and Karli Murray; two seniors and co-captains on the Maryvale soccer team who've become a threat on the field.
"She's (Karli) constantly feeding me passes and we work well together," Aquilino said. "Our friendship is super strong."
Murray holds the school's assists record and a lot of those assists have been to Lexi.
Aquilino is the school's record holder for most goals in a game and most goals in a season. Last week she added another record and became the school's first Lady Flyer to reach a milestone: 100 career goals.
"When she scored it, I had a little tear in my eye because I know it means a lot to her and it means a ton to her team and even just our school district," Poole said. "It means a lot to everybody and we're truly proud of her."
Aquilino has been playing on the Maryvale Varsity team since she was in 8th grade. To be the first to achieve the 100 goal mark is pretty special.
"It's just nice to have that accomplishment under my belt but ultimately I owe it to my team," she said. "It was a huge team goal and it was just nice to do it."
Aquilino's high school career will eventually come to an end but she will have the chance to make a whole new set of goals as she takes her talents to the next level.
"I don't think I'll ever want to stop playing soccer so having the opportunity to keep playing in college, it means a lot to me," she said.
SUPER 7 ATHLETES OF THE WEEK:
1. Lexi Aquilino, Maryvale girls soccer
2. Deabeyon Humphrey, South Park QB: Humphrey finally got his team on the board in the 2nd half of their game against West Seneca East that saw the Sparks score 36 unanswered points to win. Humphrey had more than 180 passing yards that included three touchdown passes in the win.
3. Connor Miller, St. Francis safety: Miller picked off a pass late in the team's game against St. Joe's to seal the win. Miller intercepted the ball at the opponent's 1-yard line with less than a minute left in the game. He also added six tackles.
4. Conner Golley, Alleghany-Limestone goalkeeper: Golley recorded his 34th career shutout in a 1-0 win over Olean. The most recent shutout set a school record. Oh, and he's just a junior.
5. Jayce Johnson, Canisius QB: Johnson threw for more than 200 yards and three touchdowns in a win against Massillon Washington of Ohio (one of the nation's top football programs).
6. Brandon Gross, Newfane QB: Gross scored two of the team's touchdowns on the ground in a win over Roy-Hart/Barker last week that gave the program their first Section berth since the early 90's. Gross compiled more than 250 all-purpose yards in the win.
7. Cole Harris, Clarence JV football: Harris had an 80-yard kickoff return in a 7-0 win over Hutch Tech. Clarence JV is currently undefeated.