ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WKBW) — If you're planning on heading out to New Era Field for the start of the 2019 NFL season, you'll need to be aware of a few things:
Another big change you'll see this season involves your route to New Era Field.
Erie County installed a "Road Closed" sign at the intersection of RT20A (Big Tree Road) and Abbott Road.
This doesn't mean however that all of Abbott Road is closed.
What it does mean is just the portion of the road in front of the stadium is shutdown several hours before, and during the game.
As of this year, fans will NOT be able to at your bus or limo.
What does that entail? Well, now you have a few options: including heading out to the "Tailgate Village"
Tailgate Village is located at the bus and limo parking lot, however, it's a specific area where you'll be able to grill, hang out, and have a safe and fun tailgating experience.
We want to provide a safe and fun experience in the Bus and Limo Lot,” said Bills Vice President of Operations and Guest Experience, Andy Major. “That’s the overarching goal. We’re working closely with Tailgate Guys, which is a Bills partner, who have the expertise in fan tailgating and group tailgating. They do this across the country at many of the largest colleges in the nation and they do it very successfully…So, we’re excited to move forward with them, and we think they’re going to do a great job with this.
You'll need to first purchase a permit through the Tailgate Guys, and you will not be allowed to enter the Tailgate Village without a permit.
You can find more info here.
This year the Bills are only accepting mobile tickets, meaning paper tickets are not permitted this season.
If you're not sure on how you will do this, the Bills say you should download on your mobile phone the FREE Bills Mobile app or the FREE My One Buffalo app where you'll be able to have secure access to your ticket
The same applies if you bought your ticket through SeatGeek, Stubhub, Ticketmaster, or any other mobile ticketing app.
You will show this as you enter the gates of New Era Field
What is and isn't allowed to be brought into New Era Field
You will want to be aware of what you CAN and CANNOT bring to New Era Field this season.
Here's a list of what IS allowed:
- Clear bags smaller than 12" x 6" x 12"
- Additional clothing and blankets (must be carried loosely)
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap
- Cameras with lenses shorter than six (6) inches
- Food – unopened, single serve containers carried in an approved size clear plastic bag
- iPads and tablet devices
Here's a list of what IS NOT allowed:
- Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.)
- Tobacco products - including cigarettes/electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, lighters/matches
- Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Devices
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances
- Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Bags of any kind except gallon sized clear freezer bags or authorized clear bags measuring 12″ x 12″ x 6″ and women’s clutch bags not to exceed 6.5” x 4.5”
- Beach balls, footballs, balls, inflatable devices (balloons)
- Bottles, cans, thermoses, and other beverage containers
- Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches
- Clothing or material with profane language or obscene graphics
- Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of guests
- Laptop computers, radios
- Laser pointer devices, noisemakers
- Promotional materials not approved by the Bills
- Seat cushions larger than 15" x 15" or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs
- Selfie sticks, sticks or poles
- Video cameras, monopods and tripods
- Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)
- Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Who to follow on Twitter?
If you haven't already, make sure you follow our WKBW sports team on Twitter.
For all things Bills follow the WKBW Bills Beat
For our Sports Director Matt Bove, you can follow him here.