At the beginning stages of the offseason, Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy was in hot water. His involvement in an incident at a Philadelphia-area nightclub was being investigated by the Pennsylvania District Attorney, and the next few months would decide if he were to face any trouble with the law, and the National Football League as well.
The D.A. found that there should be no charges issued in the case, and just last week the case was dismissed by the Pennsylvania Attorney General, which ended any legal battles McCoy might have to face.
The final question was about the NFL, and whether or not he had violated the league's code of conduct policy. A league spokesman told 7 Eyewitness News on Wednesday that McCoy will not face a suspension for the incident.
"The league’s review concluded," the spokesman said. "No further action."
As long as there isn't an injury that slows down McCoy, he will be on the field for the Buffalo Bills to start the 2016 regular season as scheduled. The Buffalo News was the first to report the McCoy news.
|Live video, the latest news and no surveys - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|