NEW YORK (WKBW) — New York State has launched a new free online program to help unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers learn new job skills, and earn certificates to help advance their careers.
All you need to do is set up an account with the New York State Department of Labor website, which you can do by clicking here.
This program will allow New Yorkers to participate in nearly 4,000 online courses, focused on high-growth and in-demand sectors like advanced manufacturing, technology, and health care, among others.
Examples of these courses include the following
- How to Manage a Remote Team
- Business Writing
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Design and Manufacturing Machine Learning
- Motors and Motor Control Circuits
- Generative Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
- Marketing in a Digital World
- Supply Chain Operations
- Data Science Specialization
- Project Management
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- The Business of Health Care Specialization
- Medical Neuroscience
- Financial Markets
- Facebook Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to Game Development
- The Art of Negotiation
- Introduction to HTML5
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success
- Introduction to iOS App Development
You can view the entire course catalog here.
"The war against COVID-19 is one taking place on multiple fronts, and while we are doing everything we can to protect the health of New Yorkers, we must also take the steps necessary for building back a strong economy," Governor Cuomo said. "This new training platform will be key in this effort by ensuring unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers are not left behind by providing access to the resources and training they need to get back on their feet. Whether it's taking refresher course or learning a new skill, I encourage all New Yorkers in need to consider taking advantage of this free program."
If you need to file for unemployment in New York State click here.