LEWISTON, N.Y. (WKBW) — Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours have been operating at limited capacity since July 1st.
A majority of their passengers have been New York State residents, a rarity for a business heavily based on out-of-state tourists.
"So many more locals it's incredible," said Garry Hierlihy, General Manager of Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours said. "So many people say 'I've been here all my life and I've never been Jet Boating."
To celebrate and encourage the "staycations" happening all over Western New York, Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours are offering a 20 percent discount to New York residents.
With a valid New York State ID, you can get the discount online using the code STAYCAY at the link here.
Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours had to make changes to be able to reopen, including
- Tour boats will operate at a maximum of 50% capacity to ensure staff and passengers are able to practice safe physical distancing.
- Whirlpool will provide sanitized whitewater helmets and face shields to all passengers and staff in open areas who will get splashed with water from the river.
- Passengers in enclosed areas who will not be splashed will be required to wear protective face masks.
- Enhanced cleaning measures, including sanitizing boats and all equipment prior to each trip.
- Additional spot cleaning of high-touch surfaces on a frequent schedule.
- Increased access to hand sanitization stations at all locations.
For more information, visit the Whirlpool Jet Boat website here.