BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Cinco De Mayo falls on Taco Tuesday this year. And even though we can't celebrate this year like we have in the past, there are plenty of local restaurants where you can get your tacos (and margaritas) to go.
Here's where you can get your taco fix today:
- Don Tequila on Allen Street (Buffalo): A $40 dinner special for two: cheese dip, grilled cazuelada and two house margaritas. Food is also available for delivery on Grubhub and DoorDash. Margaritas are available for pick-up. $5 Magarita, $20 Pitcher.
- Breezy Burrito on Elmwod Avenue (Buffalo): Call ahead to find out what time slots are still available for curbside pick-up (381-8996).
- Aguacates Bar and Grill on Elmwood Avenue (Buffalo): Specials include $7 Patrón margaritas, $6 Avion margaritas, $5 house margarita's and $5 Mexican mules. Drinks must be added to a food order. Delivery available on Grubhub.
- Taqueria Ranchos La Delicias on Niagara Street (Buffalo): Deal of the day is two tacos and a margarita or bottle beer for $10. Drink specials are 16oz margarita for $4.99 and 32oz margarita for $9.99.
- El Palenque Mexican Grill on Niagara Falls Boulevard (Amherst): Pick-up special is $4.99 margaritas.
- El Canelo Mexican Restaurant on McKinley Parkway (Hamburg): Call 30 minutes prior to your desired pick up time.
- Papi Grande's on Maple Street (Amherst): Margarita gallons and quarts available for takeout and delivery. Delivery on Grubhub, UberEats and DoorDash.
- Taqueria Los Mayas on Genesee Street (Cheektowaga): Full menu available for pick up including beer and margaritas.
- Tacos, Community and Beer on Transit Road (East Amherst): Pick up tacos nachos, margaritas and more.
Cinco De Mayo is commonly mistaken to be a celebration of Mexican independence, but it actually honors the Battle of Puebla in 1862. While Cinco De Mayo is a minor holiday in Mexico, the 5th of May has become a way for those in the United States to celebrate all things Mexican and Mexican-Americans.