DARIEN, N.Y. (WKBW) — Six Flags Darien Lake will reopen May 21st. The theme park will have a number of safety precautions in place to protect both visitors and employees.
The theme park will have attendance caps. Members, season pass holders and all visitors will have to make a reservation on the park's website. Season passes are available now, and start at $49.99.
Darien Lake is currently hiring for more than 1,500 positions for the upcoming season. More information on the park's reopening and hiring practices can be found here.
The health screenings and social distancing precautions include:
- Health screenings for guests and team members, where temperatures will be taken, and people will be asked about their health
- Everyone over the age of two will be required to wear a face mask
- Social distancing will be enforced on rides, restrooms, stores and lines
- There will be ample space between tables as people eat
- Advanced security screenings to enable touchless bag checks
- Reduced capacity at indoor venues
The sanitation and disinfecting protocols include:
- Trained teams responsible for disinfecting and cleaning
- Increased cleaning of high-touch points, including seating, tables and counters
- Rides, restraints and handrails cleaned throughout the day
- Restrooms disinfected on a frequent basis
- Hand-washing and sanitizing stations throughout the park
The food service and preparation will also allow for touchless transactions, and buffets and salad bars will be eliminated. Drink refills will be given in paper cups.
Employees will go through extensive COVID-19 training, and there will be safety messages and reminders throughout the park.