Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday the first recipients of the Yahoo Community Fund for Niagara County.
Over $400,000 was awarded to eight projects to support small businesses, literacy and workforce training, food and ecotourism, job creation and other critical community development initiatives in Western New York.
The Yahoo Community Fund for Niagara County connects Yahoo to the community as part of Yahoo’s receipt of New York State’s Excelsior Jobs Program tax credits, as well as an allocation of low-cost hydropower from the New York Power Authority.
- Yahoo Community Fund for Niagara County Awarded Projects:
- Workforce Ready Adult Education Training - $160,982
- Stella Niagara Preserve Kayak Launch and Shoreline Enhancement Project - $124,985
- Eat Fresh WNY - $54,661
- Historic Downtown Improvement Program - $50,000
- YWCA of the Niagara Frontier, Inc. - $33,000
- The Hospitality Revitalization - $23,080
- Kid’s Cove Community Fishing School - $20,000