Walmart is changing the grocery shopping game.
Starting next week, Buffalo shoppers will have the option to order their groceries online and pick them up from one of two Walmart stores.
"At Walmart, we have always been known for saving our customers money and, with services like grocery pickup, we are also saving them valuable time," said Jennifer Constable. "Our customers have told us that grocery pick up is a game changer. They are now able to complete their grocery shopping in a matter of minutes - between errands or on their way home from an after school activity - without even unbuckling their seat belts."
Yep - you don't even have to leave your car.
The free service features 30,000 items, including fresh produce and meats, snacks, diapers and dog food. All prices are the same as if shoppers were to go into the store and pick out their own groceries.
Here's how it works:
- Order and choose a pickup time: Customers can go to walmart.com/grocery or use the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes and select their local participating store. Online shoppers can create a shopping list and select a pickup time during checkout.
- Personal grocery shoppers fill the basket: Highly-trained personal shoppers select the freshest produce, meats and other items the customer requested.
- Pick up and go: Reserved parking spaces marked in orange will make it easy for customers to receive their groceries and their pickup location. Customers will call the designated number to alert an associate of their arrival, who will then quickly bring out the order and load the car.
Walmart says its personal shoppers are trained to pick the best grocery options, as if they were shopping for their own families. Groceries are kept in refrigerators; frozen foods and ice cream are kept in freezers. If customers are not satisfied with an item, all they have to do is bring back their receipt for a full refund.
Participating local stores:
- 1540 Military Road, Niagara Falls
- 886 Niagara Falls Boulevard, North Tonawanda
Customers will get $10 their first order of $50 or more by using the code WOWFRESH during chekout.