HIRING 716 658by90.png

Actions

Two kids rescued from fire on Millicent Avenue

Posted at 11:51 PM, Sep 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-09-02 07:37:36-04

Two kids were rescued by Buffalo firefighters after an oven caught fire and filled an apartment with smoke.

The fire broke out just after 11:00 p.m. Thursday along the 300 block of Millicent Avenue.

A fire official said the oven fire broke out on the first floor of the home and smoke from the fire trapped a mom and her two kids on the second floor of the home.

Arriving firefighters placed an extension ladder to a second floor window while another crew entered the first floor to fight the fire.

Firefighters assisted the two kids down the ladder.  The mom was able to walk out of the building on her own.  The two kids were transported to Women and Children's Hospital by AMR ambulance for evaluation from smoke inhalation.

The fire was put out using a fire extinguisher.  The fire caused $1,000 in damages.