The temperatures are rising and people are happy to be outside and stretch their legs.
But as more time is spent outdoors, a growing tick population has experts concerned, according to WHAM in Rochester.
According to WHAM, these experts say this year's mild winter prevented a hard freeze, which usually kills off a lot of ticks.
Here are some tips to keep the ticks away:
- Wear light colored clothing
- Tuck your pants into your socks
- Wear white socks so it's easier to see the ticks
- Clear out mulch piles and grass clippings from the year
- Cut your grass a little shorter than normal