Need to file your taxes? No fear, IRS-certified accounting students from UB are here!
The School of Management of students are offering free tax preparation services to individuals and families with an annual incomes less than $54,000.
Free tax prep services will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis:
- South Campus, 403 Hayes Hall, on February 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, and March 3, 4, 10, 11.
- North Campus,112 Jacobs Management Center, on March 31, April 1, 7, 8, 14, 15.
Here's what you should bring:
- Proof of identification (state-issued photo ID for each adult, such as valid driver’s license or state-issued ID card);
- Original Social Security card for each filer and dependent (not a photocopy);
- If married filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Date of birth for self, spouse and dependents;
- Wage and earning statements (Forms W-2 and 1099) from all employers;
- Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099);
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Act Statements);
- Total paid for day care provider and provider’s tax ID number or Social Security number;
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns, if available; and
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit.
The cost to file taxes can run anywhere from $100 to $300.
"This service can be especially valuable to low-income tax filers by helping them apply for earned income tax credits that can provide a needed boost in annual income," said UB spokesperson Jacqueline Ghosen.
Take WKBW Everywhere, on all your devices. Download below!
Phone or Tablet: Apple, Android
Set-top Device: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
Personalize your news, get the latest 7 First Alert Forecast, and watch 7 Eyewitness News video wherever, whenever.
Learn more here about what 7 Eyewitness News provides on all these devices.