A teenager has been sentenced to 131 years to life in prison after he was found guilty of two counts of second-degree murder, and several other assault and attempted murder charges.
Officials say Diamond Lewis, 19, shot eight people at four different locations over two years, leaving two dead and permanently paralyzing another. He also injured two innocent bystanders, a 13-year-old girl and an 18-year-old girl.
— Liz Lewin (@LizLewin7) December 8, 2016
A summary of Lewis' shootings:
- October 14, 2014: David Skipper, Jr. 22, is shot and killed on Erb Street in Buffalo.
- June 6, 2015: Alonzo Scott, 18, is shot and killed on Warren Street in Buffalo. Five people were shot in this shooting, including a man who was paralyzed. Three others were also injured.
- August 13, 2015: Lewis targets a man firing several shots from a vehicle on the corner of Playter and Kent in Buffalo. An 18-year-old girl, an innocent bystander, is shot.
- January 25, 2016: Several shots are fired at a group in front of a store on Fillmore Avenue (near French) in Buffalo. A bystander, a 13-year-old girl, is hit.
- January 26, 2016: Lewis is arrested at Erie County Medical Center when he sought treatment for a superficial gunshot wound.
|Breaking News Alerts, Live video, and your hour-by-hour forecast - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|