Several men accused of violent crimes, including murder, are behind bars after a federal grand jury indictment, according to the U.S. Attorney James P. Kennedy, Jr.
Prosecutors say 12 members and associates of the C.B.L/B.F.L Gang have been charged with racketeering and narcotics conspiracy; possession of firearms in furtherance of a crime of violence; and possession of firearms in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime. Some members are charged with murder in aid of racketeering.
Authorities say those named in the indictment are:
- Shawn Woods, a/k/a Pif, 26;
- Michael Walker, a/k/a Yam, 27;
- Mikel Lowe, a/k/a L-O, 24;
- Aaron Mack, a/k/a Dean, a/k/a Deano, 26;
- Shameris Washington, a/k/a GB, 20;
- Maurice Rice, a/k/a Reese, 20;
- Dalvon Curry, a/k/a Dale, a/k/a Dalo, 22;
- Dajon Nettles, a/k/a Gucc, 24;
- Larell Watkins, a/k/a 90-Ls, 20;
- Larry Watkins, Jr., 26;
- Larquon Watkins, a/k/a 90, 25;
- Rashad Rose, a/k/a Gotti, 23.
Prosecutors say they are still looking for Rose. Anyone with information on his whereabouts are asked to call police.
According to prosecutors, the gang formed around 2009 and operated in Buffalo at the Towne Gardens Housing Complex.
The individuals could face a minimum of 10 years in prison, a maximum of life in prison and a $10,000,000 fine.