Here are some tips from State Farm to keep your home protected while you're on vacation this summer, and your kids safe around the pool and in the car!
Home safety tips:
- Make sure doors and windows are locked
- Ask a neighbor to watch your property
- Use automatic light timers
- Give the illusion that someone is home while you are away
Pool safety tips:
- Restrict access to above ground pools--remove ladders and slides when the pool is not in use
- Make sure your pool is surrounded by a fence
- Never leave a child unattended by water
- Avoid distractions when supervising a child near water
- Always swim with a buddy
Car safety tips:
- Never leave a child unattended in a car, no matter how briefly. The temperature inside can rise almost 20 degrees within the first ten minutes of shutting the vehicle off.
- Keep vehicles locked so children cannot accidentally get in.
- When you have children in the car, use drive-through services when available, such as at the bank and fast-food restaurants.