Buffalo school students hospitalized after bringing homemade drug mixture called "Lean"

Posted at 4:29 PM, Nov 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-03 06:47:35-04

Four students have been hospitalized after a mixture of over-the-counter substances were brought into a Buffalo school.

Officials with Buffalo Public Schools sent a letter to parents on Wednesday, notifying them that an eighth grade student at School #3 allegedly brought in a drink consisting of an over-the-counter cold medication and sleep aid, referred to as "Lean."

School officials say administration was notified and emergency medical personnel were called to treat four students who had consumed the homemade beverage. Officials say the students showed no signs of intoxication and were taken to Women and Children's Hospital as a precaution, we're told they have since been released.

Officials say the students will be subject to disciplinary action.

Buffalo Police and the Erie County Health Department were also notified.