Red Cross volunteers from the Western New York Chapter are operating shelters in Allegany and Cattaraugus Counties:
Bolivar-Richburg High School, 100 School Street, Bolivar
Alfred University - McLain Center, 1 Saxon Drive, Alfred
Ellicottville High School, 5873 Rt. 219, Ellicottville
Local residents affected by power outages are welcomed to stay at the facilities or stop by for food, water, support, and comfort.
Anyone coming to a shelter location should bring:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Extra clothing, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
Visit RedCross.org to donate to their Disaster Relief Fund.