Price-of-Water-658x90.jpg

Actions

Still no arrest in fatal shooting at Anchor Bar

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 5:49 PM, May 27, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-31 08:39:31-04

It has been one week since a father of three was gunned down while working in the kitchen at Anchor Bar and there still aren’t any arrests in the case.

Thirty-two-year-old Freddie Dizon had just arrived at work when a masked gunman entered the kitchen and shot him. 

“He didn't deserve to die. He was a good person. He went to work. That's more than I can say about a lot of men his age,” said family friend, Phyllis Santana. “I hope they let the law do what the law is supposed to do and i hope they catch the person.”

According to the Buffalo News, police have had 25-year-old Jorge Suarez in custody for nearly a week. Sources for the paper say the two grew up together on Buffalo's west side. However, Buffalo Police won't confirm the information and said no one has been charged with the shooting. 

Earlier this week, police arrested 24-year-old Gregory Ramos for an unrelated domestic incident. But, sources tell 7 Eyewitness News Ramos was the getaway driver following the shooting.

Again, police wouldn't say whether Ramos was involved. “We are working very hard. We are making progress and I will not answer any questions on the investigation,” Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda said.