Spectrum contractor electrocuted on the job

Posted at 12:09 PM, Jul 12, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-12 16:11:38-04

A contractor for Spectrum Cable has died after being electrocuted Wednesday afternoon in Yorkshire, according to New York State Police.

National Grid tells us 39-year-old James Fogg, of Maine, came in contact with a primary electric line. He has been identified by NYSP.

The incident happened around 4:30 p.m. on Block Road.

Investigators determined Fogg was in the area working for S.G. Communications, running cable television lines. He was in the basket of a bucket truck when he came into contact with a primary electric line, causing him to be exposed to high voltage.

Fogg was taken to the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, where he later died as result of his injuries.

Take WKBW Everywhere, on all your devices.  Download below!

Phone or Tablet: Apple, Android
Set-top Device: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Alexa

Personalize your news, get the latest 7 First Alert Forecast, and watch 7 Eyewitness News video wherever, whenever.

Learn more here about what 7 Eyewitness News provides on all these devices.