WNY Pride Week 2018 is now underway.
Events will be held at various locations and venues throughout Buffalo for a week's worth of celebration, advocacy and community engagement.
Here's the schedule for this year's events:
- May 29 - Flag Raising hosted by Stonewall Democrats of Western New York [sdwny.org]
Niagara Square in front of City Hall; free and open to the public
- May 30 - Gay 5K presented by KeyBank in partnership with Larkin Moves [larkinsquare.com]
Larkin Filling Station, 745 Seneca St.; $22 in advance; $25 late registration
- May 31 - Out For Business presented by HSBC
Curtiss Hotel, 210 Franklin St.
- June 2 – Dyke+ March hosted by Buffalo Dyke March in partnership with the Pride Center
Begins at corner of W. Ferry and Elmwood; celebration to follow in Bidwell Park
- June 3 - Pride Parade presented by M&T Bank
Elmwood Ave. between Forest Ave. and Allen St.; free and open to the public
- June 3 - Pride Festival presented by M&T Bank
Canalside, 44 Prime St., $10 admission/free for ages 15 and under; $45 Barefoot Lounge
The Pride Center of Western New York and Evergreen Health co-host Pride Week.
"Buffalo & Western New York Pride Week benefits the Pride Center of Western New York, Inc. Event proceeds help to support the organization’s year-round programs and services.
The mission of the Pride Center is to work with the community to make Western New York a safe, healthy, and satisfying place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people to live, work, and establish their families. Visit pridecenterwny.org to learn more."