A Buffalo Police source confirms to 7 Eyewitness News that the children of Joseph and Lisa Conti are now in the custody of Child Protective Services.
The source could not tell us why the children were taken away.
A deadly fire tore through the Conti's home on Benzinger Street in Buffalo early Monday morning.
According to investigators, Joe Conti, may have sparked the fire after lighting a cigarette with some type of torch, then laying the hot torch on a bed.
The Conti's 7-year-old son, Anthony, died in the blaze.
At this point, Joe Conti is not facing any charges related to the fatal fire.
However, he is being investigated for potentially violating an order of protection against him.
Funeral services for young Anthony will be held Saturday morning at SS. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Buffalo.